Item Tweaking/Balance

Aveeno

Item Tweaking/Balance

Message par Aveeno »

Hello!

I hope everyone is doing well through these tough times. I was intending on posting some ideas during the break in December though since the big update occurred at that time I figured the Dev's and everyone worked hard to give us a better enjoyment of the game and all was busy.

So here I am posting this thread and I wish that it can bring some more balance to the game.

Crowns/Helmets:

https://gyazo.com/b805d2e2446a5c45584e4724e30d2d52
The above is a crown of life. (The titanium helm gives 150 health)

https://gyazo.com/f8fc3d7ba00742e3d56e8797d23b6095
The above is the crown of mana. (The steel helmet of mana gives 100 mana)

The difference:

As a fighter using crown of life 120 health, the +4 armor, and +2 damage absorption is huge that's without all the resistances it has (Though they both have the resistances)

As a necro using crown of mana the 80 mana, +3 armor 5% hit/crit to hit, and the 5% dodge/crit to dodge is massive for necro users on the crown of mana.

As a mage using crown of mana: 80 mana, +3 armor, +3 magic.

I think the crown of mana should be +5 magic at the minimum. Possibly 40 mana more or even 40 health (due the reason below).

I feel if there was a third crown. When comparing the "magic" portion of the crown to it's counterparts i feel it is very weak. Most players who even own a crown of mana cannot train with it vs mage creatures and/or mage boss's due to the fact that they can kill you very easily, so a helmet of life or crown of life is highly suggested. Keep in mind that these crowns cost 5 million to make.. unlike the helmets you can make a bunch, if you fail can exchange for fragments to make more.

Medallions:

https://gyazo.com/c38721dc332f4ed79dd0f794a34b0cad
I think in the glossary the medallion de garde-tombe when it originally came out was 5%, but was changed to 3% due to the fact that when tested people realized it was overly powered.

https://gyazo.com/0d5bc1b2e5f6dcdfa7740e54aac6d915
Summoners medallion, 15 mana and 3% dodge/hit chances on crits too depending on what medallion you use.

https://gyazo.com/9aaea0dafb997977521a2aff00f18f7a
Mage medallion, 15 mana, and +1 defensive spells, so you heal 1 more, or you can do +1 dmg depending on what you use.

Talismans:

https://gyazo.com/b00f7bcd637a47bb930afc3f0cf0dc6d
The necro talisman, which reduces mana cost by 10%, but it also makes the summons creatures stronger, when you make the talisman it goes from 3%, to 5%.

https://gyazo.com/db33ce6a667ce5acdfb9981b0d51a626
The mage talisman, reduces mana cost by 10%, and still only the +1 magic. I think it should be +3 magic for the medallion if it's a talisman.

Keep in mind, that these medallions are rare. Even when made you cannot break them down somewhere to make more like you can with armors/weapons. They are 2 types of each, unlike the A/D medallions (plenty of types) where you just add the enrichment oil to it :o

Conclusion: I have only been playing for a little while, but I have realized that magic in general doesn't receive as much love and care as it's other counterparts. I realize the hard working devs might be doing some work behind the scenes. But i think these minor changes can slowly revive mage, i look forward to hearing your feedback, and will post more ideas in the future. Thank you <3

Odaki

Re: Item Tweaking/Balance

Message par Odaki »

I actually agree with a lot of this - Magic feels like it could use a little bit more TLC (tender loving care) to make it more viable.

To add onto Aveeno's post above, I think even the level 100 magic cape could use a little bit of love too. While having fast regeneration is great, it's readily available on so many other capes (magic one for marque de mage), certain capes from equipees etc. 100 magic is no small feat, and I think Mage's who come this far should be slightly more rewarded. I'm open to your ideas :)

While magic, isn't where I focus my leveling currently (still level 83 in 4 months isn't too shabby!), it also doesn't really appeal to me like with the cool things that have been done for the other fighting skills.

Crowley

Message par Crowley »

The lvl 100 magic cape is the same as all the others, we don't plan on changing that, for the rest of it I'm not an expert so I'll let those who know better discuss it.
N'hésitez pas à m'envoyer un MP si vous avez des projets, des questions ou autre.

Flovixy

Message par Flovixy »

Pour reprendre le sujet et vous donner mon ressenti sur le sujet :

Concernant les couronnes :

- La couronne de vie me semble plutôt bien équilibré depuis les dernières modifications, aussi bien par rapport aux prix qu'aux bonus conférés désormais.
- La couronne de mana est effectivement très utile pour un nécromant mais beaucoup moins pour un magicien pur, je m'explique, selon moi, 3 cas d'utilisation :
  • Pendant le jour Concorde : très intéressant, cumulé à la manavore, on a suffisamment de points de vie pour pouvoir s'amuser ou aller tuer de grosses créatures.
  • Pour faire un Boss de magie : très limité, sans couronne de vie ou heaume de vie, le boss peut te tuer en 2-3 secondes, le gain apporté par la couronne de mana est trop peu intéressant (même pas 1 dégat de plus par sort avec +1 magie), pas utilisable selon moi.
  • Pour s'entrainer sur les monstres de magie : même principe, les monstres de magie peuvent enchainer plusieurs affaiblir dans la même seconde, porter une couronne de mana et mourir ou un objet qui augmente tes points de vie à la place et ne pas mourir, le choix est vite fait.
I think the crown of mana should be +5 magic at the minimum. Possibly 40 mana more or even 40 health (due the reason below).
Un bonus de magie en fonction du niveau de la couronne serait une bonne idée pour rendre la couronne plus intéressante, et arriver à +5 pour le niveau 10 me semble pas aberrant.
Augmenter la vie ou la mana de base de la couronne, plutôt contre cependant.

Je rappelle que les couronnes niveau 10 sont très difficiles à obtenir et restent des objets ultimes.

Concernant les médaillons & talismans :
The mage talisman, reduces mana cost by 10%, and still only the +1 magic. I think it should be +3 magic for the medallion if it's a talisman.
Entièrement d'accord, les talismans de nécromants bénéficient de plus d'avantages alors qu'ils sont tout aussi compliqués à obtenir.
Je valide un bonus de +3 magie sur les talismans magiques.

Les talismans ne s'obtiennent que par chance et les médaillons ne peuvent se démanteler ce qui rend l'obtention bien plus compliquée puisque les matériaux utilisés sont perdus.

PS : Je remonte également la suggestion faite suite aux différents échanges concernant la tenue Manavore (avec Phedre notamment): les sorts lancés avec une tenue Manavore devraient prendre en compte la "mana maximum" et non pas la "mana restante" dans la formule de calcul.
Eldorian au grand coeur
Maniant l’Épée et les Runes
Libre comme le Vent.

Phedre

Message par Phedre »

Tout d'accord avec Sindy pour les couronnes/médaillons et Llaria pour la cape de maître :)
Margrave de Pierre Blanche
Chevalier de la Prompte et Forte Poigne
Officier de réserve dans l'Armée de Séridia
Archimage au service des Deux Livres

Aveeno

Message par Aveeno »

Just bumping this thread since some magicians recently made a post about Mage boss's, wanted to bring this to light so it's not forgotten about :)

Crowley

Message par Crowley »

Ce sera fait pour la prochaine maj pour
talismans sorciers et enchanteurs (+3 au lieu de +1)
Couronne de mana de niv 9 +3 au lieu de +2 magie
Couronne de mana de niveau 10 : +5 au lieu de +3

Pour le mana max au lieu de mana restante peut être que l'idée est de "simuler" la fatigue du mage ? De toute façon je ne peux pas y faire grand chose :D donc j'ai mis Nati sur le coup.
N'hésitez pas à m'envoyer un MP si vous avez des projets, des questions ou autre.

Phedre

Message par Phedre »

:)

Voui, ça semble cohérent le fait de "simuler la fatigue du mage", mais il n'y a pas d'équivalent pour le guerrier quand il perd ses points de vie :D D'où cette proposition :)
Margrave de Pierre Blanche
Chevalier de la Prompte et Forte Poigne
Officier de réserve dans l'Armée de Séridia
Archimage au service des Deux Livres

Répondre